Unity Tutorial 04

 


In this Unity Tutorial I find myself enjoying Unity more and more. I am finding myself being able to preempt what the finished code will be before he says what way to code in order to get the result. I never thought I'd get to this level and even though I know I am only scratching the surface of Unity, it is still really enjoyable to see all the different things you can do to develop a game with this software. 

Challenge 2 was enjoyable but came with some tricky parts that definitely had me scratching my head. The beginning gave easier code to overcome and I found I knew what to do nearly straight away. This was all going smoothly until the bonus tasks when I could not figure out how to do a randomised timer for the ball dropping. I had to research this and eventually discovered the new timer coding and how to use it in order to create a randomised timer to drop the balls. This was the most difficult part of the challenge. There was a lot of resources online to help with this challenge though.

Moving on to lesson 3.1 and so far it seems I will be able to use a lot of the coding for my own game. I think I have been able to take forward a lot from the three different lessons. It was interesting to see that you do not make the player move but rather the surroundings move to give the illusion you are running. The spawn of obstacles every couple of seconds is also a code that will prove useful to me in my 3d endless running game. Some of the code is below.





Comments

Popular Posts