Alpha



The Difference a week makes, that's all I'll say. Well I suppose I should talk a bit more about my experience with the project this week. I finally have working script and not only that but it is working in the way I want it to not just in a semi decent way. I really went back to basics this week. It seemed my idea to copy and paste a lot of script from my previous tutorials and trying to watch to my current situation was a total nightmare so I had to look at this project in a new way. I deleted everything. Bar the scene I created and started again. Even my little character I created is gone but all this helped me get to where I am now with a functioning game that has working script. Take a look below.


So as it stands there is still a few little bugs like my character falls over and then falls through the ground but right now minor things like that are ok and can be fixed when a real sprite is used. I have objects coming towards me and get destroyed when they collide with the player. Also a background that repeats however this proved to be difficult as I wanted to move the two walls and the ground in the game. This meant instead using box colliders I had to improvise. I am still happy with the outcome. I feel like I have all my basics ready to go for my game and now its about building on these with some new script. I have already been looking at unity tutorials as well as YouTubes for adding a points system on the screen and also looking at making the game faster as time goes on. Now I finally have my game on the right track it's time to add these finishing touches to my game to make it enjoyable and exciting to play.

Comments

  1. Hey Kevin, great to see the changes in your game and to get a proper look at where your game is headed, I fully get what you mean by copy and pasting the code and it really is a total nightmare. Overall though it looks like your game is coming along really well and I look forward to seeing the finished result, great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow kevin your game is really coming along and it looks so great i love the design of the game and the game seems to be working well and i also know how it feels to just be struggling with the codes in unity trying to make your game work the way you will want it to function but you look to be getting a hang of your own game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kevin!
    Your game is coming along so well, its nice to see a video run-through of how the game is working so far.
    I still love the little stick as your character, i'm going to be sad when you get rid of him haha!
    I understand your struggle with the code, but once it starts all coming together your game is going to be so good!
    Best of luck with the rest of the process,
    Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kevin, great game so far , i enjoyed reading through the game posts about it and seeing it improve each week. I really like the scene you've created with the bright neon blue lines either side and then the city background in the back, it really adds to the overall look of the game. I get what you you mean by copying the code from the first tutorials , i did the same thing thing thinking it would be easier but it was a disaster, but anyway looking forward to seeing your finale game soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts