First Playable

For this weeks task I had to go back on my work a bit. The project work from last week it seemed I did things a bit backwards when it came to prototyping my work. I suppose in the long run this would have to be done and it wasn't the biggest whoops moment I could have had. That was all to come in this weeks project work. 

I started by watching the video uploaded by Irene to see where I should have begun this prototyping. I was tasked with making my player and the obstacles in my world. My player was designed with a simple stickman figure in mind. I actually found this quite easy to make after watching Irene's tutorial. I used 5 different shapes and placed them in a way that created my player.

Similarly with the making my obstacles I needed to design a broken mirror. I did this by layering different shapes, moving and rotating them util I got a shape I was happy with. I grouped all these together and named the folder 'Obstacle'.



Finally I created my mirror by layering the different shapes and applying a different colour to each section to give a wooden mirror look. Along with making my obstacles I had to slightly change my scene as when I applied my code to it I realised there was issues with how it was moving.

I added some script to my different items in the hierarchy. This is were the headaches began. I wanted to start with making my scene move. The two side walls as well as the ground. This was eventually accomplished and I was happy with the outcome. This resulted in me having to move and rotate my sides as when they moved the scene began to distort and not look right. I got it in a way I was happy with. I started adding some different code to my player and the spawn manager to see how they work within the game. If I'm totally honest this led to even more headaches as everything I was trying to do didn't seem to be working or only half worked. After a few hours I got to the stage with it that I was repeating mistakes and thought I should call it a day and start fresh again. From doing this it is clear that I will have to re watch a few of the past tutorials in order to make this game.


 

Comments

  1. Hi Kevin

    Your prototype/first playable looks great even your little stick man looks cute. I love the obstacle you had on the right, the broken mirror one that one is fantastic and I can't wait to see what other designs come pouring out of that mind of yours. The background and the walls are a great design choice and with the right kind of 80s 8-bit retro beat to go with the visual design we could the next number 1 on the app store. Anyways best of luck and I can't wait to see more especially the final edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kev!
    Your first playable looks so good! I love the whole neon theme you have going on with the background and ground the player runs on, it's very appealing to look at. I love the concept of the full and then broken mirrors, nice that you switched them up a bit. Your little stick man is very cute haha. Your game seems like its going on the right track and will definitely be a great game once it is finished!
    I can't wait to see the final product when them game is done and best of luck with the rest of the process!
    Rachael:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts