Game Design Document

 


Link to my Game Design Document

For this weeks project work we were set to make our own Game Design Document after reading of the purpose and the benefits of them for game designers. Initially it was a lot to take in and try to figure out what exactly was important for my own GDD but as I started to create it, it got easier to add in the essential information. 

I used Dundoc to create my GDD which also helped in the structure and headings and also allowed me to create my own headings and delete ones that weren't valid for my game design. This document is a work in progress and will help me keep on track when designing my game. I will refer to it to keep me on track but also change and add as I go and as the development of my game progresses. The idea of a GDD is to keep it clear and concise and try not repeat information overly throughout the document. I don't know if I 100% succeeded in this but as it is a work in progress document, I feel it will be edited and perfected by the end of my game development.


Image Bibliography:

Update Image

Comments

  1. Hi Kevin really interesting game idea reminds me of stick runner a game I used to play on my iPod touch years ago was a great game. Really like the idea of your game and reminds me of sorta a talent competition or hunger games in a way not in the fending for your life sorta way but in the sense at how you gotta be the best to win. Really like the concept art drawings are really well done and cannot wait to see your finished piece in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kevin,
    This game design document has an excellent structure to it although I would love a bit more detail with the images perhaps? The mirror idea is so unique and it seems so aesthetic like a little “Little Nightmares”. Will the colour scheme be exactly like the ones in Temple Run and Minion Rush? I love your blog it’s so aesthetic I cannot wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts