Review Week Comments and Feedback



For this module there was a big focus on feedback. I always felt getting feedback and giving feedback is important. It can come into play in everything but giving proper feedback was always really important. I really enjoyed this side of the module. Learning about giving and receiving appropriate feedback to people is a good skill to have and it was nice to practice these skills over the past few weeks.

I think for the most part the feedback I got in from everyone was really good. I'm someone who doesn't find getting feedback on things. I say that now but give me a lot of negative feedback and I would probably curl up and not take it well! But feedback from my classmates has been really good and a lot of the time really helped me when making my game. One Issue with the feedback I had was that I had two game ideas and it seemed that all the really good feedback and ideas came in for the idea I didn't go ahead with but it was nice to see some positive feedback for that game idea. A lot of the feedback was a lot of positive assurance that the game was looking and sounding well which was a nice confidence boost as well when making it.

My feedback out for people I feel has been to a good standard. I took on board the readings and with every post and tried to stick to the TAG or WWW methods when giving feedback to try be constructive and helpful but still not being to negative when giving feedback. Reading about these methods did really help me when talking about other peoples games. I found it a bit difficult to stick to the word count when giving feedback on some peoples games as they wouldn't write that much about the games so how could I write a post that was longer than what they wrote. It was a really nice way to make sure we went on to each others blogs and had a read to see what our classmates were doing. I really liked learning that bit more about other people and how they were designing their game. It's good to see how other peoples brains work.

The blog comments were probably one of my favourite parts of the blogging experience. It was really great to learn more about other people in the year. Everything was online last year so I got to know my base class and that was it really. Reading about people and their stories was nice and gave the year a bit more of a community feel and that we are all doing this course for our own reasons but we are all in it together. Some peoples were so interesting and I couldn't believe some of the information about them. My own Introduction post is fine. I think I wrote a bit too much but it's easy to just skim read for people who don't like to read mountains of info about someone they don't know. I think in the beginning it was hard to judge how much I should really be writing for things so I just kept going with the writing. Even though it is a lot of information at least if someone really wanted to know about me there is plenty there for them to find out!

Looking forward I think the way this part of the module is done is quite good. I enjoyed reading other peoples project work and getting a bit of feedback from people. Not every time it was useful but a lot of the time there was things to be taken from each post. That includes myself I doubt every time I gave brilliant feedback to people but I tried. Sometimes it was nice just to get a 'well done, looks great!' message as well when it came to the project work because of the amount of hours we are putting into it. Reassurance is always nice. My blog aesthetic is a bit plain compared to others but I actually don't like a very busy place for my blog as I can concentrate. I kept it bright to keep me alert. If I had more time I would probably change a few minor details to make it feel more me but right now I am happy with the overall look and the amount of posts I have added to it!

Image Bibliography:

Comments

Popular Posts