Unity Tutorial 08

 


For this weeks Unity Tutorial I was to follow on from the game I created last week and put in the final touches to make this an enjoyable game with a nice flow state. In this tutorial I learned how to write a for-loop to spawn enemies and also to set a parameter with a for loop. I wanted to finish this tutorial as I already started it but it was towards the end of it I realised I dont think I can really take much from this tutorial into my own game like I could with the other tutorials I completed. One thing that was interesting was the script to increase the enemy count in waves. This something I'm going to look into going further. Also with this it went further into spawning new powerups in waves. In my own game I think this could be interesting to use to double points or add extra points for the player.

I chose not to go ahead with the challenge but instead go over the tutorials I already did in Unity. This seemed fitting as this week was a 'look back' exercise at the past blog posts and a revision of sorts of all the work we have done so far. As much as I understand the code, it is still hard for me to put it into practice. I understand why something is doing a thing because of the script but also it is sometimes hard to put that into practice. This revision was needed for my own game to progress

Comments

Popular Posts