Unity Tutorial 09

 



In this weeks Unity tutorial I was torn between following the Unity tutorials provided or to do my own one that I felt more suited my game. I looked at what was in store for this lesson and it was going through a score building system as well as a Game Over pop. I felt this was perfect for my game so I started the tutorial as normal. As always lesson 1 is very much setting up the scene and creating the beginning code in order for the game to get moving. It is lesson 2 and 3 where the nitty gritty happens and what makes your game and gives it its wow factor. This is where my problem started. I started doing lesson 1.2 for this tutorial and realised even though I need a point system that this one wouldn't suit my game type and I wasn't sure how to change certain aspects of the code in order for it to fit with my game type. This led me to stop after lesson 1.2 and just look up my own tutorials for a 3D running game.


I found a tutorial on Youtube which was very helpful in creating my own score board and building the points the longer you stay running. This was perfect for my game. I need to design a better scoreboard but for now having the code and it working is a good first step. I also need to go back over Unity tutorial 3 and set a game over for when my player runs into the broken glass obstacle. This will all be done and complete this week.


Comments

Popular Posts