Unity Tutorial 10

 


This weeks Unity tutorial challenge was a repeat of last week. Last week I decided to do the tutorial before realising it wasn't really helping me in my own game as the ideas for the script was very different. However as it was the same one for this week I decided to do the last lesson and add the Game over and restart button to my game. This worked out well for me and I was able to add these script with only one problem. The game restarts but for some reason is in a night mode looking scene. I checked my code over and over and have no idea why it is not fully working. Along with this tutorial I was looking on youtube for finishing touches to my game. This included adding script so that when I collide with a mirror I would get extra points. Colliding with a broken mirror results in game over. None of these tutorials worked for me. I also wanted to add script that would make my scene stop moving and my obstacles stop spawning when the Game over prompt happens. None of these scripts worked for me either no matter how many times I looked at it and tried to fix. So all in all I had a pretty rubbish few days on Unity putting in a lot of work and getting next to nothing back. Ill go back to it in a few days with a fresh head and see if I can get things to work. Hopefully it will go better for me

Comments

Popular Posts