Unity Tutorial 01

 


And we are officially back in action and working on Unity and what a tutorial to start with. I chose this tutorial path as it seemed the most interesting to me as I love games like Ori and Hollow Knight and these tutorials seemed similar in creating a world and designing a game based on the world.

When I started this tutorial I felt it was a great reminder of things I learned form last semester. Things like C# script and new ways of importing were all in the first few tasks of Ruby's 2D adventure. This was a good way to get the ball rolling and remind myself of the different things Unity needs. One thing I didn't really enjoy was all the reading. Before watching the videos seemed a bit easier to grasp and I was definitely finding myself reading the same information over and over to try and understand what was next to do. Sometimes I felt I was just winging it and hoping I would get the same result (which I did, Thank God). This reading was partnered with the fact the Unity tutorial is a different layout and different version to my own unity which I think is the updated Unity. So a good few things were different and I had to Youtube a few parts to understand it all better. 

These tutorials seem like they will be quite enjoyable though. It will be nice to work on a game for a few weeks and see it build and develop rather than a lot of little games like we did in the previous semester. In this weeks tutorials the biggest task was the tile palette creator. I don't feel the Unity Tutorial explained it well at all. This is where I had to really look further with Youtube to help explain to me how to creating the tiles in the world. The screen it was showing was not the same as the screen I had to work it which made it more difficult. Overall It was nice to have a bit more explaining with the scripts and it gave me a bit more of an understanding of using C# which I like. Let's hope Ruby is good to me over the next few weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts