Reading 03



For this weeks Reading task, I had to put myself to the test and gather readings and journals for my topic "The evolution/history of gamified learning". I was feeling confident after the session with Lindsay about how to use the library and its resources. I started by using my game topic title and putting it into Google Scholar. This brought up over 20,000 results which was good and bad. I needed to narrow down my search. I then used my keywords from the reading task the previous week and searched in Google Scholar. This helped to narrow my search a bit more and bring up some different results. This week I was really just trying to get used to searching for journals and then using an Active Reading mindset when deciding which readings would be appropriate for me going further. The abstract was also a huge help for me in deciding whether I should continue reading an article. I feel I have an active reading mindset without knowing that there was a name for it. I think it is a way a lot of us work. I added information to my matrix so I have it for future weeks.

Some websites I came across to give myself a better understanding of gamification in education are;

The History of Gamification(From the very beginning to now)

A Brief History on Gamification

A Brief History Of Gamification In Education

The effects of a gamified project based on historical thinking on the academic performance of primary school children

These sites have similar information in them but helped me to get a greater understanding of the topic in a simpler format. A big thing for this week was I was struggling quite a bit while doing the task. I feel with the few weeks that are dedicated to this and the reading tasks I will continue to get better. This assignment is something that really panics me but I also am looking forward to bettering myself in this area of study and ability. Hopefully next week will bring more confidence and understanding.


Image Bibliography

Glasses

Comments

Popular Posts