Unity Tutorial 04

 


It was going so well for too long, I knew it was all going to come crumbling down around me! This weeks unity was by far the toughest and most confusing tutorial yet. Something that was meant to take 2 hours took a lot longer. I had to re read over and over to try and understand what it was asking me to do. In the end I got the enemy animations working however they aren't doing exactly what I want but they are walking just in a different direction to their animation. I think it gives the game a funny edge. I will have to double check and see if I can fix it another week. My ruby character and the animations are working perfectly which is good as she is the star of the game.

The second part of the tutorial this week was also a bit confusing. Creating the projectile and enabling Ruby to shoot it at the enemy. This part did work for me and when I press the letter C ruby shoots a cog however if i shoot it at an enemy nothing happens. I'm not sure if something is meant to happen as the tutorial was wrote in such a confusing way. Im just assuming that the enemy should stop moving but I will double check this with other people. I feel it is just something small I am missing in the script.

Overall I feel I was successful this week even though it was definitely the hardest tutorial so far and could I replicate this in my own game... probably not.


Comments

Popular Posts